Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Miami Made

So I just discovered the Miami Made festival...
The point is for the illustrious Arscht center and affiliates to celebrate and highlight the work of local artists in order to support the growth of new and experimental work in Miami. BUT, it was hardly advertised. Only those established in the arts scene got emails or notices. Well.

Anyhoo, I stopped by because someone had graciously gotten me a ticket because they thought I would benefit from attending. My first impression... experimental? What? Granted, I was not able to stay for the whole weekend and see some of the highlighted and ticketed events (of which the artists get NO proceeds), but if this is experimental, then I'm Crispin Hellion Glover.

But Miami, I love ya! Kiss kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment