Friday, October 11, 2013

Best Thing about Touring: Gratitude.

One of the best things about touring, or heading to a new theater to dance is the little rituals each space has.  You have your rituals, your company has its own rituals and then the space has its own set.  It's very moving.  Rituals ground you, prepare you for what's next, and make you realize WHY, why you are there.

I recently closed a show at The Dance Center of Columbia College, Chicago with Mordine and Company Dance Theatre.  It was a trip that I couldn't have made without the support of family, friends and acquaintances who helped me so generously through my fundraising campaign.  So it makes it all the more meaningful for me to complete this little ritual...



I made it, I made it, I made it.  And now I'm there, on the wall, next to the names of all those dancers who came before me and struggled to get there just as hard as I did.

*ahhhh*

Heavy moment, and so lovely.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment