Monday, January 7, 2013

Life as a Modern Dancer

READ ALL ABOUT IT:
Yours Truly has been featured in the blog Life as a Modern Dancer, A Blog with a Mission and Passion to Support Future Generations of Dancers with Their Career Paths and Dreams.  Read all about I got to where I am today (scintillating, right?) and stay to read other inspiring stories of Modern Dancers from around the country.

Here's an excerpt:
"There is this unspoken rule within the modern dance world that once you’re into your 30s, you should be moving into the role of choreographer or collaborator. I’m still learning and growing as a dancer and a choreographer and I still have the time and energy to do both, but the truth is that it gets a little harder to get hired in your 30s. I’ve gotten passed over more than once by directors who have assumed..."

No comments:

Post a Comment